Under the patronage of his Excellency Prof. Marwan Awartani, Five Winner consortiums of the applied research groups, for supporting private industries of PFI with Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNS) sponsorship, signed the agreements with PALAST in the following projects:
- Manufacture of concave mirrors, cooperation between Birzeit University and Crystal Abu Sneina Company for Glass Technology in Hebron.
- The Development of a Unique Environment Friendly Bags Production Line, , cooperation between Al-Quds University and Dynamic Co. for Packaging & Manufacturing Ltd in Ramallah.
- Effect of Added Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) on Mechanical Properties of Virgin and Recycled Polyethylene, cooperation between Hebron University and Industry and Trade Quatrain Co in Hebron.
- Development of Radiation Shielding Glass Prototype from Solid Waste, cooperation between Al Azhar University Gaza and Fatahi Deeb Company for Plastic Industries in Gaza.
- Sustainable Management of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants under Organic Farming in Palestine, cooperation between NARC and Al’Ard Palestinian Agri-Products Ltd. In Nablus.
That will be implemented under the supervision of the founding council members in the Scientific Societies (Physics, Chemistry, Agriculture and Environment).
This grant is promoted In the framework of the Project: “Promoting Higher Education and the Private Sector through Dialogues of the Business Community, Academia and Politics” Sponsored by Friedrich Naumann Stiftung (FNS), Jerusalem, and implemented by Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST), in collaboration with the Palestinian Federation of Industries (PFI), as associate partner. The project partners have decided to move forward toward building the concrete triple helix model in Palestine. To do so, they launched a call for proposal aim to sponsor 5 applied researches, designed in way to strengthen the multilateral collaboration, and to introduce a model example, that can trigger the right mechanism for this kind of vital partnership.
All participants raised the importance need for establishing a sustainable partnership for Palestinian academic industrial cooperation, that can be implemented under the umbrella of the Palestine Academy of Science and Technology and the Palestinian federation of Industries and other related stakeholders.