The PGSB program, which aims to develop joint research and education programs, is coordinated and implemented by the Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) and Juelich Research Center (FZJ), and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Science and Scientific Research BMBF.
PGSB has launched its 6th call for student thesis projects, faculty exchanges for cooperation projects, proposals for research clusters, and Postdoc Stipends within the Returners Program:
- Thesis project requests Call for BSc, MSc and PhD scholarships
- Financial support Call for faculty exchange
- Research cluster call
- Postdoc Stipends within the Returners Program
Below are the 5th call documents for both thesis project requests and financial support for staff exchange and research cluster:
- For thesis project requests, as usual, focuses on possibilities within the current PGSB Project: information is available on FZJ’s webpage . For Student applicants, identify thesis project offers, by FZJ scientists from the following link that will be updated.
Students applicants can submit their application and upload all required documents by google form: Click here to apply
- For faculty exchange, as usual, focuses on possibilities within the current PGSB Project: financial support continues as described through FZJ’s webpage . Ongoing projects may be found at the following link , as some of these collaborative projects are also open for additional partners to join.
- For research cluster: financial support as described through FZJ’s webpage . Ongoing projects may be found at the following link : as some of these collaborative projects are also open for additional partners to join.
- Research cluster call is open to ideas from all areas of research fitting into the scope of the PGSB. All current participants in the Palestinian-German Science Bridge, as well as scientists interested in future research collaborations, are invited to submit a proposal.
- For Postdoc Stipends within the Returners Program financial support as described through FZJ’s webpage
Important dates and information:
- Deadline for submission of BSc, MSc and PhD thesis projects is restricted to the date of 15 May 2021.
- Pre-selection of candidates by Juelich scientists will be notified to PALAST by 30 May 2021.
- Final selection is planned on June 2021 via Videoconference and will be interviewed by Palestinian –German supervisors and advisory committee.
- As of 2021, priority will be given to funding PhD projects within approved PGSB research clusters, with some opportunities remaining for positions outside of research clusters. Students are encouraged to contact members of the research clusters to ask about additional opportunities.
- PhD scholarships are subject to the high preference, and will be given to a high quality application already endorsed by Palestinian-German roadmap partners.
- Financial support staff exchange can be submitted continuously and will be evaluated at regular cut-off dates.
- Research cluster can be submitted continuously and will be evaluated at regular cut-off dates.
- Postdoc Stipends within the Returners Program can be submitted continuously and will be evaluated at regular cut-off dates.
- Detailed information about application guidelines are available in the call documents at at FZJ Website: