Chairs of OWSD branches at Arab Countries held a meeting on 07 August including the following:
- Dr. Hoda Baslim - Member of OWSD Executive Office for the Arab World
- Prof. Dr. Rakhsana Ismail – Chair of OWSD Yemen National Chapter
- Prof. Dr. Sakina Al-Qatawneh - Secretary General of the OWSD Jordan National Jordan Chapter
- Prof. Mai Hassan - Secretary of OWSD Sudan National Chapter
- Prof. Dr. Amira Shaheen – Chair of OWSD Palestine National Chapter
- Prof. Dr. Mervat Fouda Chair of Egypt National Chapter
They discussed several issues concerning women, as they are working to increase the number and participation of women scientists.
They agreed to coordinate among them for any general issues concerning women, as their goal is to increase the influence of Arab women in designing and implementing scientific research, and to promote the role of the OWSD branches in the Arab world, the most important of which is the promotion and increase of women's participation in science and technology, and the pioneering role of women in science and technology leadership, in addition to helping women participate in decision-making at the national and regional levels.