A virtual meeting via Videoconference between German – Palestinian researchers was held on 24 August 2020 for Nanoscience research cluster, the meeting was attended by:
- Dr. Agnes Csiszar, Institute of biological information processing: IBI-2, FZJ
- Dr. Sabrina Disch Department of Chemistry, Cologne University
- Dr. Asmaa Qdemat, Department Chemistry, Cologne University
- Dr. Omar Abu Abed, Faculty of Graduate Studies, AAUP
- Dr. Yousef Najajreh, Anticancer Drugs Research Lab, Al Quds University
- Dr. Bernd Hoffmann, Institute of biological information processing: IBI-2, FZJ
With participation of
- Dr. Sami Makharza, Hebron University.
- Dr. Mosab Abu Reesh, Hebron university.
- Dr. Feras Batta, Arab American University- Palestine
In the research cluster, aims the establishment of a connecting Palestinian and German scientists in the project " Magnetic nanoparticles for cancer therapy", The main goal of this project is to pioneer novel targeted drug delivery system for the diagnosis and therapy of malignancies by utilizing super paramagnet nanoparticles.
Dr. Omar Abu Abed will be mainly the leader of the project in Palestine, and they agreed on the following points:
- Establishing long term collaboration agreement through the framework of a road map.
- The project will be interdisciplinary and combining biological, chemical physical and pharmacological backgrounds.
- Postdoc scholar should be hired for this project. Also, postgraduate students (MSc and PhD) will be sponsored and hosted for the same purposes.
- The Roadmap proposes bilateral visits between the partners from Germany and Palestine.
The duration of the project is at least 4 years.