Eng. Hazem Kitanah, General Director of Technical Affairs at the Palestinian Water Authority PWA represented the academy, at the regional training course entitled “Water Resources Research and Management”, that was held in Amman during the period November 18-20, 2007, arranged and organized by the Royal Scientific Society (RSS) of Jordan and the InterAcademy Panel on International Issues (IAP).
This course aimed to provide knowledge and develop a better understanding of water research and water management on the national, regional and international levels. It provided the skills to assess, plan, execute and implement the actions in the research and management of water resources.
Palestine Academy for Science and Technology nominated Eng. Hazem Kitanah to attend the important training courses.
- The outcomes of this workshop included the following:
- Understand the importance of water resources from the environmental, social and economic perspectives.
- Know the extent of water stress impacts and associated costs on human health, environment and the economy.
- Establish knowledge on practical issues of water conservation, treatment and reuse.
- Know and appreciate the overall picture of integrated water management and approaches for current and future scenarios.
The potential participants include engineers and researchers from the governmental sector, universities and research institutes from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Malaysia, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, and Jordan.