- Sabreen Hammouda
Aِِِِِccurate Specialization: Condensed matter physics
Palestinian supervisor: Prof. Salman Salman
Palestinian Supervisor affiliation: Physics department, Faculty of Science& technology, , Jerusalem, Palestine.
Degree aims: PhD
FZJ Supervisor: Prof. Manuel Angst.
Center in Juelich: Full Name with abbreviaion: Jülich Centre for Neutron Science JCNS and Peter Grünberg Institut PGI Quantum Materials and Collective Phenomena JCNS-2 / PGI-4
Affiliated University in Germany: RWTH- Achen University, Aachen, Germany.
The mission research period : 01/02/2016-31/07/2019
Title of Research: A quest for ferroelectricity by charge order in the intercalated Lu2Fe3O7 & Lu3Fe4O10 compounds
Research Purpose: My research is dedicated to uncover the effect of intercalation (structure modification) in LuFe2O4 on the ordering processes i.e charge order (CO) and spin order (SO), in attempt to tune the relevant interactions, and therefore, render the compound to be polar as the first candidate with unconventional ferroelectricity mechanism that is driven by CO (Fe2+ and Fe3+) in the family "rare earth ferrites" . However, the more complex crystal structure makes the synthesis of high quality single crystals more difficult. This complication is added to the problem of ensuring the proper oxygen stoichiometry which is critical to the elucidation of the CO that is established.
- Condense Matter Physics I and II courses at RWTH- Aachen university.
- Structure Analysis of Complex Mineral and Material Phases” course at RWTH-Aachen university.
- Material analysis by synchrotron radiation and neutrons” course at RWTH-Aachen university.
- The 50th IFF Spring school: Scattering! Soft, Functional and Quantum Materials, Forschungszentrum Juelich, 2019.
- The 46th IFF Spring School on Functional soft matter, Forschungszentrum Jülich,2017.
- The 47th IFF Spring School on Memristive Phenomena, Forschungszentrum Jülich, 2016.
- The 44th IFF Spring School on quantum information, Forschungszentrum Jülich. 2013.
- JCNS laboratory course neutron scattering, Jülich center for neutron, Jülich, Germany at Forschungszentrum Jülich and Heinz Maier-Leibnitz zentrum, Garching, Munich.
- 4th Palestinian-German science bridge (PGSB) workshop, April 7-11, 2019, Palestine (Talk+Poster).
- Gordon Research Conference Multiferroic and Magnetoelectric,
- August 5 - 10, 2018, Lewiston, USA. (Poster). (https://www.grc.org/multiferroic-and-magnetoelectric-materials-conference/2018/)
- Third PGSB (Palestinian-German) workshop, 25-29 June 2018, Juelich, Germany. Poster.
- DPG Frühjahrstagung (Spring Meeting) of the Condensed Matter Section, 11-16 March 2018, Berlin, Germany. Oral talk (https://berlin18.dpg-tagungen.de/)
- Second PGSB (Palestinian-German) workshop, 13-17 November 2017, Ramallah, Palestine. Talk and poster.
- DPG Frühjahrstagung (Spring Meeting) of the Condensed Matter Section, 19-24 March 2017, Dresden, Germany, (poster). (https://dresden17.dpg-tagungen.de/)
- First Palestinian international conference on peaceful uses of atomic energy, 19-20 February 2017, Kadoorie University Palestine (Talk).
- First PGSB (Palestinian-German) workshop, 5-8 December 2016, Juelich, Germany (Talk).
- From Matter to Materials and Life (MML) workshop, 14-16 December 2016, Hamburg, Germany (Poster).
Publication: S. Hammouda and M. Angst. “Growth of layered Lu2Fe3O7 and Lu3Fe4O10 single crystals exhibiting long-range charge order via the optical floating-zone method”, Journal of crystal growth, 521(2019) 50-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrysgro.2019.06.003