Inter Academy Panel IAP host Academy TWAS - the world academy of sciences approached Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST), as the national focal point and IAP member, to nominate Palestinian Scientists for TWAS membership.
The Academy has nominated 31 Faculty Staff from the Palestinian universities for the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) membership, as the Academy has approached all Palestinian Universities to have their nominations.
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is an Academy of excellence, and its membership represents a prominent place in developing countries. Its main function is to promote scientific excellence and capacity-building for science-based sustainable development. The main criterion for election as a TWAS member is scientific excellence. Scientists who have achieved the highest international standards have made significant contributions to the advancement of science.
All Nominations all over the world are evaluated by TWAS Membership Advisory Committees, the main criterion for election as a TWAS Member is scientific excellence. Only those scientists who have attained the highest international standards and have made significant contributions to the advancement of science can be nominated.
The Academy aspires to increase the share of Palestine for TWAS membership, as there are only three scientists from our universities who have gained TWAS membership in the past years namely:
- Dr. Mohammad Shabat: Professor of Physics at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG)
- Dr. Hala Al-Khozondar: Professor of Physics at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG)
- Dr. Adnan Enshassi : Professor of Mathematics at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG)
- Dr. Abdel Salam Majal: President of Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS), and former Prime Minister of Jordan
- Dr. Farouk El-Baz: Director of the Center for Remote Sensing and Research Professor at the Departments of Archaeology and Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Associated Faculty at the Department of Earth and Environment, Boston University, Boston, MA, U.S.A
- Dr. Adnan Badran: a Jordanian scientist, academic and politician. Chairman Board of Trustees University of Jordan, Chancellor University of Petra. He was the Prime Minister of Jordan
- Dr. Mohamed Hassan: President of TWAS and President of the African Academy of Sciences (AAS)
- Dr. Ayşe Erzan: Professor of Physics at Istanbul Technical University
- Dr. Michael Cligg: Fellow of the American Academy of arts and Sciences
For information in Arabic, please check our Facebook page