The Academy hosted on February 19th, 2020, the first meeting of the founding committee of the OWSD National Chapter in Palestine for Women Researchers. In Ramallah and in Gaza via Skype, in preparation for the launch event of the Palestinian OWSD chapter at Al-Quds University on March 7th , a day before the world’s celebration of the International Women's Day
The founding Committee included:
- Dr. Amira Shaheen - An-Najah National University
- Dr. Elham Kateeb - Al-Quds University
- Dr. Hala El-Khozondar - Islamic University
- Dr. Wafaa Khater - Birzeit University
- Dr. Areej Al-Khatib –Bethlehem University
- Dr. Shahnaz Al-Najjar - Arab American University
- Ayman Al-Haj Daoud - Representative of the PALAST Academy
PALAST is pleased to have the Palestinian National Chapter of the OWSD under its umbrella and is trying to do its best to promote the chapter’s effort to support the women researchers.
During the meeting, the founding Committee finalized the chapter application and checked meting all the required criteria for OWSD chapter establishment. approved the applying for membership in the OWSD, after reaching more than 33 Palestinian women researchers’ membership at OWSD.
So far we have 33 active women researchers registered in the Palestinian chapter; however, the membership is still open through the following link
We are looking for more enrollment and more participation in the launch event.
More information about the launch event will follow.