The Academy hosts the Palestinian Scientific Societies (Mathematical, Physics, Chemical, Biological Sciences, and Plant Production and Protection) meeting at its offices in Ramallah for Friedrich Naumann Stiftung (FNF) Project action plan 2020, towards Promoting Higher Education and the Private Sector through Dialogues of the Business Community, Academia and Politics.
The meeting was discussed the annual plan for the five Scientific Societies that aims to
- Providing scholars and researchers in universities and independent research centers with a common platform that will enable them to engage more effectively in shaping science, research and development policies.
- Build inter-university clusters in key disciplines and sectors that will enable them to develop collaborative schemes and joint nation-wide initiatives aiming at: (a) strengthening of their R&D capacity, (b) building bridges for international exchange and collaboration especially with expatriate scholars, and (c) strengthening mutually beneficial collaboration with industry and the private sector.
The preparing process will be a joint efforts among PALAST, Palestinian Federation Industries PFI and the coordinators with all Scientific Societies, the proposed activities this year will focus to capitalize on the results from the past two years and to strengthen and sustaining the created of Scientific Societies, as well as to strengthen the ties and coordination among Research and academia system & Industry & Public sectors, in order to lead for well-done triple helix model.
The Activities proposed for 2020 are the following:
- Conducting a workshop to capitalize on the results achieved from the exposure visit to Germany “Academia and the Private Sector as Partners – Support and Cooperation of Institutions of Higher Education in Germany” 6 – 13 July 2019”
- Conducting Round table between scientific societies and Union industries, and holding a Workshops to enhance cooperation between scientific groups and industry associations
- Supporting and Strengthening All five Scientific Societies, by holding a periodic meeting for the founding Councils, finalizing bylaws and enhancing the governance, Promoting membership, and renewing the society founding councils.
- Conducting a research day to Strengthening dialog and exchange at triple helix
- Initiating structures of science and Professional Societies: two Scientific Societies in priority areas will be created and activated: in Environment and Climate Change Area
- Other activities that will be implemented during the year, including the "International Forum", the new Sunbirds of Palestine in the world: researchers and scholars, the Scientific Societies will be engaged in this historical event in cooperation with Palestine Young Academy and the Palestinian Scientific communities locally and abroad and in Diaspora, to develop the infrastructure of Scientific Research in Palestine, and developing cooperation with each other’s.