Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) hosted virtual meeting via Videoconference with the Scientific Committee for the preparation of the applied research Call, in cooperation with Palestinian Federation of Industries, and will be funded by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation FNF (Jerusalem Office), the Committee compromised from:
- Dr. Ayman Sbaih, Palestinian Federation of IndustriesPFI
- Eng. Bassam Abu Ghalyoun, Palestinian Food Industrial Union PFIU
- Dr. Muhammad Suleiman, Chemistry Society
- Dr. Muhammad al-Adam, Mathematics Society
- Dr. Sharaf Al Taradah, and Dr. Ghadeer Omar, Biological Society
- Dr. Wafaa Khater, Physics Society
- Dr. Luay Telikh, Plant Production and Protection Society
- Dr. Ashraf Al-Rimawi, Communications and Informatics Society
- Dr. Raed Al-Koni, Scientific Forum for Nature Conservation
- Dr. Samer Jarrar, Palestine Academy
The objective of the Call, is to promote an effective relationship and a fruitful partnership between academia and Industry, where the industrial companies can benefit from the expertise and knowledge at universities and universities in turn benefit from the tools facilities and financial resources provided by companies in research, training and education.
In the meeting, they identified the description of the call and criteria for selection process to ensure efficacy and transparency, the joint research proposals can be conducted through Bachelor or Master thesis, or researchers supervised by faculty member at University or research institution.
PALAST will manage and oversee the research implementation based on clearly defied deliverables of the research plan, and will coordinate and follow up of the whole process. in cooperation with the Federation of Palestinian Industries and the Palestinian Scientific Societies. And they agreed to launch the Call in September.