This is the first step towards some thoughts on possible next steps, as they discussed during February meeting in Ramallah. To help bring early career researchers together in a way which would help promote new collaborations between UK based and Palestinian scientists.
These fellowships are for non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics. namely:
- Computer Science
- Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Astronomy and Physics, Theoretical Physics, Applied Physics
- Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry
- Engineering, Technology, Instrumentation, Material Science, Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Earth Sciences, Environmental Physical Sciences
- Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Molecular Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology, Genetics (excl. population genetics), Immunology, Microbiology (excl. medical microbiology)
- Anatomy, Physiology, Neurosciences
- Organismal Biology, Evolutionary and Ecological Science (incl. soils and agriculture)
- Health and Human Sciences
For a full list, please see the breakdown of subject groups and areas supported by the Royal Society.
This scheme is currently open to applications and will close at 3pm on Thursday 26 March 2020.