A virtual meeting via Videoconference between German – Palestinian researchers was held on 31 August 2020 for Nanoscience research cluster, the meeting was attended by:
- Dr. Agnes Csiszar, Institute of biological information processing: IBI-2, FZJ
- Dr. Asmaa Qdemat, Department of Physical Chemistry, Cologne University
- Dr. Yousef Najajreh, Anticancer Drugs Research Lab, Al Quds University
- Dr. Bernd Hoffmann, Institute of biological information processing: IBI-2, FZJ
- Dr. Feras AL-Batta, An-Najah national university
- Dr. Mohyeddin Assali, An-Najah national university
- Dr. Naim Kittana, An-Najah national university
- Dr. Auth Thorsten, Institute of Complex Systems 2 ICS-2, FZJ
- Dr. Sabina Schmitz, FZJ
The research cluster, aims the establishment of a connecting Palestinian and German scientists in the project " Carbon nanotubes in neuronal networks", The main goal of this project is to use carbon nanomaterials in tailor to develop novel cell culture systems and to break new ground in order to obtain the best possible information from carbon nanomaterial functionalized cell culture systems on natural tissue functions.
Dr. Feras AL-Batta, Dr. Mohyeddin Assali and Dr. Naim Kittana will be mainly the leader of the project in Palestine, and from Germany Dr. Bernd Hoffmann.
They agreed to develop the project road map, and include a master student under the supervision of Dr. Mohyeddin Assali from Palestine and Dr. Bernd Hoffmann from Germany.