The Palestine Academy for Science and Technology, in coordination with Bisan Center for Research and Development and Al Aqsa University in Gaza, are organizing a Satellite events in parallel to the Third International Meeting for Science in Palestine 10-12 January, 2020, at Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Boston USA.
The third International Meeting for Science in Palestine will be held at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, USA, from January 10th through 12th, 2020, organized by the international organisation Scientists for Palestine, and sponsored by Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT in USA, Arab Astronomical Society, in local coordination with Palestine Academy for Science and Technology, and Bisan Center for Research and Development.
The third international meeting aims to escalate and refine plans toward Scientists for Palestine’s primary objectives of advancing science in Palestine and integrating Palestinian sciences into the international scientific community by: enhancing collaboration between Scientists in Palestine and exile with key partners globally; highlighting Palestinian scientists and scientific development; and devising measurable goals toward these ends. The international meeting will provide space to access information about the challenges and successes of Palestinians practicing and researching science under occupation while also providing concrete opportunities for international scientists to get involved. A working group track will also run to help develop enhanced strategies to identify mechanisms for sustained international collaboration with and elevation of Palestinian scientists.
The meeting will be joined by prominent scientists:
- George Smith a Nobel Prize winner of 2018 in Chemistry
- David Mumford (PALAST Honorary member); one of the most renowned Mathematicians (Algebraic Geometry)
- Tareq Loubani an assistant professor of medicine
- Nergis Mavalvala is a Marble Professor of astrophysics and MacArthur fellow
- Danya Qato an assistant professor of pharmacy
The meeting will include presentations by Palestinian scientists from both Historic Palestine (Occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel) and Palestinians abroad, as well as other young and established scientists from around the world.
The following Palestinian local committee for Scientists for Palestine will be joining the MIT 2020 meeting in USA:
- Marwan Awartani (Keynote Speaker)
- Mohammed Al-Adam - Palestine Polytechnic University
- Rana Samara – Palestine Technical University Kadoori University
- Yousef Najjajreh - Al-Quds University
- Sami Al-Jaber, Ahmed Bassalat - An-Najah University
- Reham Nazal - Arab American University
- Mustafa Jarrar and Wafaa Khater - Birzeit University
- Mazen Qumsiyeh - Bethlehem University