The Palestinian Society for Biological Science (PSBS) in coordination with the Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) are pleased to announce the annual conference of the Palestinian Society for Biological Sciences (ACPSBS) “Integrative Biology: diversity for sustainable life and bio-economy”. The conference will be scheduled on 4-5th September, 2021using ZOOM virtual conferencing technology.
The ACPSBS program will consist of both plenary and keynote lectures, oral and poster sessions, and round table discussion sessions that will include scientists and researchers from Palestine, and other countries. The conference presentations and discussions is aimed to exchange experiences and knowledge and gain an insight into the state of the art technologies currently employed in biological sciences, technology exchange and transfer, raise problem and challenges faced biological scientists in Palestine and abroad and propose solutions and policies ahead. Participants include a wide variety of stakeholders from research and academia, to industrial sectors as well as government organizations. Students are encouraged to actively participate in the ACPSBS conference.
During ACPSBS conference, participants will have access to different live text-based discussions. These chat channels will be available during and after the conference.
The conference objectives
The principal objective of the conference is to get an international scientific gathering at the Palestinian Society for Biological Science which will bring regional and international scholars together to discuss scientific achievements, exchange experience and encourage scientific research in Palestine. The ACPSBS conference will address the following specific objectives:
- Seeks to provide an optimum opportunity for academic, scientists, students and researchers, to convene, present, discuss, and share their latest experiences, and exchange their scientific findings, to address newly emerging trends and challenges in the science community.
- Assist the Palestinian researchers to gain new experiences and knowledge by interacting with international scientists and scholars.
- Establishing new horizons for young researchers to build bridges with Palestinian researchers in Diaspora.
- Establishing business or research relations and to find global partners for future collaboration.
The conference will focus mainly on the following scientific themes :
- Biology of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Molecular and genetic applications
- Plant biology
- Medicinal plants and Nutrition
- Ecology and environmental sciences
- Palestinian Society for Biological Science (PSBS)
- Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST)
- Palestinian private sector (Pharmaceutical, biological and food industry)
|April 10th , 2021||Call for registration and abstract submission|
|July 20th , 2021||Deadline for abstract submission (extended)|
|August 10th , 2021||Author Notification|
|September 4-5th , 2021||Conference activities|
Dr. Sharaf Al-Tardeh: Chairman, Palestinian Society for Biological Sciences (PSBS)
- Dr Ghadeer Omar (Chairman), An Najah National University
- Dr. Sharaf Al-Tardeh, Palestine Polytechnic University
- Dr Bassam Azzain, Al-Quds Open University -Gaza
- Dr Nehad Alyazegi, Al-Aqsa University
- Dr Omar Hamarsha (Chairman), Al-Quds University
- Dr. Christina Kuchendorf - Germany
- Dr Kamal Al-Kalhout, Islamic University
- Prof. Hilal Zaid, Arab American University
- Dr. Roland Bol - Germany
- Dr. Arnd kuhn - Germany
- Dr. Walid Khalilia, Al-Istiqlal University
- Dr. Saleh Mwafy, Al-Azhar university- Gaza
- Dr. Mohamad Srour, University of Palestine
- Dr. Christina Kuchendorf : Institute of Bio-and Geosciences IBG-2, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Jülich, Germany.
- Prof. Hanan Issa Malkawi : Department of Biological Sciences, Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- Prof. Ali Fattom, University of Michigan
- Dr. Nehal I Abu-Lail, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas, USA
Mode of Presentation
- Online Presentation/Video conference
- Virtual presentations (slides, videos and posters)
- Abstracts should be submitted through conference online submission system, further inquiries should be directed to conference secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract: must be in English and Arabic (electively) on one A4 page each
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed in the section topics of this website or related areas.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulas. For the symbols ≤ or ≥, type instead <= or >=.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Abstracts to be reviewed may not be longer than 1000 words including references.
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the conference secretariat: email@example.com
- The deadline for abstract submission is June 26, 2021.
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by July 20th 2021.
Virtual presentation files
Authors can submit any of the following formats:
- Video (mp4): A video with the author presenting the main ideas of the paper should be recorded. The length for video presentations is 15 minutes only.
- Presentations slides: Authors can submit a Power Point or PDF file with the presentation material and slides.
- Poster: Posters should include a good combination of words, pictures, and graphics. They should include the results and conclusions of the research.
- Posters do not require printing or production of materials – as your work will be presented electronically.
- Language: All E-Posters should be prepared in English.
- File format: PDF or .pptx
- E-Poster size in pixel: 1080 width x 1536 height – portrait orientation
- E-Poster size in cm: 38,1 width x 54,2 height – portrait orientation
- Font size: ≥16
All authors will be contacted for all preparation details and technical aspects of E-posters.
Potential Conflicts of Interest
It is the authors' responsibility to identify and declare any personal circumstances or interests that may be perceived as inappropriately influencing the representation or interpretation of clinical research. If there is no conflict, please state here "The authors declare no conflict of interest." This should be conveyed in a separate "Conflict of Interest" statement preceding the "Acknowledgments" and "References" sections at the end of the manuscript. Financial support for the study must be fully disclosed under the "Acknowledgments" section.
Conference proceeding: all the abstract (posters and paper) will be published as a conference proceeding in the form of PDF and limited numbers of hard copies.
Awards and Certificates
The organizing committee is highly appreciate your participation and contributions. Therefore, at the end of the conference, every participant will receive a recognition certificate. On the other hand, there will be awards for the first best posters and the first best presentation.
Palestinian Society for Biological Sciences (PSBS)
Hosted by: Palestine Academy for Science and Technology.
P.O. Box 66839 East Jerusalem
Mobile: +972 0598 754535
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org or ACPSBS@palast.ps