The Academy hosted from September 2019 to March 2020 several meetings of the founding committee from Palestinian researchers in Palestine and the diaspora online, in preparation for the launching of Palestine Young Academy.
The founding Committee of Palestine Young Academy includes:
- Abdalhadi Alijla – Orient Institute Beirut , Lebanon
- Shadi Albarqouni – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Mohammad Al Adam- Palestine Polytechnic University, Palestine
- Thabat Khatib – Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Hazem Al Baz – Al Aqsa University, Palestine
- Omar Awartani- American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Ayman Al Haj Daoud - Representative of the PALAST Academy
Several meetings were devoted to discuss and approve the PYA basic bylaws, The vision of the Palestinian Young Academy is to found a strong voice for young Palestinian researchers in Palestine and the diaspora, being a bridge between policy-makers, academics and the rest of the Palestinians, through initiating a policy-dialogue strategy.
The PYA will work under the Academy Umbrella with full support from HE Minister Dr. Marwan Awartani, in which advice and assistance in preparing funding proposals or other related matters will be provided, in addition to the support and assistant from Global Young Academy.
The Academy very much look forward to working with PYA and fostering the objectives of its through our vision and through our combined efforts on a national, regional and international level.
Our hope Palestine Young Academy will fly toward a new vision and windows of scientific life in Palestine like the Palestine Sunbird (its Logo), and thanks for Global Young Academy and Interacademy Panel for their moral support
After Launching, the PYA will start its role in promoting and organizing activities on a national and regional level and identifying potential funders of regional activities.