Under Palestine-Quebec Science Bridge (PQSB) program, launched in 2017, following signing the agreement between Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) and Fonds de Recherche du Quebec (FRQ)/ Canada. PQSB agreement included support and cooperation between PALAST and three research centers; the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS), the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT), and the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC).
Prof. Remi Quirion, Chief Scientists of Fonds de Recherche du Quebec, invited the Minister of Education, Presidents and Rectors of Palestinian Universities in West Bank and Gaza to visit the province of Quebec in October 07-11 of 2019.
The visit program aims to familiarize the delegates with Quebec system and expertise in the process of:
- Strengthening our partnership by exploring potential areas of academic and scientific collaboration.
- Learning about the Quebec experience in university education and scientific research and partnership with the private sector.
- Developing and enhancing scientific and research cooperation between the two countries in areas of common interest.
- Financing scientific research by the government and private sector.
- Research cooperation between educational institutions and the private sector.
- Tasks and role of Fonds de Recherche du Quebec (FRQ).
- Potential cooperation between institutions in Palestine and the Quebec counterparts.
The visit will extend official visits to Quebec universities and Institutions in Montreal and Quebec City namely:
- Quebec Research Fund (FRQ)
- The Quebec Ministry of the Economy and Innovation
- McGill University
- Concordia University
- University of Quebec in Montreal
- Ministry of International Relations
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Laval University
- The National Institute for Scientific Research (INRS)
- National School of Public Administration (ENAP)
- Montreal university
- École Polytechnique
- Superior Technology School